Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'll follow you into the world

Well, this last week has been so busy – and very draining! For the last two weeks my ministry team has been at a place called New Beginnings Are Possible. It’s a youth center that runs like a day camp during the summer. The first week was golf camp, so we went to the mini-golf course and driving range every morning. In the afternoon, our team put on a vacation bible school type program. The second week we did the same program but all day (8-3). It was exhausting, but so rewarding! We formed great relationships with the kids, and it’s always difficult to leave knowing you’ll probably never see them again. But, God definitely blessed the time we had there, and for that I’m grateful. Starting on Monday, we’ll be working at God’s Kidz in the Hood. I wasn’t there for the orientation at the beginning of summer, so I don’t really know much about it. I’ll be able to give more details after Monday.

Today we had our usual Saturday outreach. This week we volunteered to help City on a Hill’s huge community outreach called the Neighborhood BBQ. It was held outside of City on a Hill’s building in two large parking lots. There was so much going on! Music/dance performances, adult activities, youth/children activities, carnival games, face painting, a prayer booth, a prayer tent, lots of food, and tons more! It went on from 1:00-5:00. I spent a lot of time at the prayer booth. I was able to meet a variety of people and heard many sad stories…but it was so awesome to sit and pray for people I had never met before. At the end of the day, one of the directors told us they had around 800 people attend! The Kingdom was expanded today, and it was so awesome to play a small part in that!

I have three weeks left before the end of project and I return to Ohio. I can’t believe how fast it’s gone, but it’s been awesome to see how God has worked in me and through me!

This song represents my heart for the city...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJeW3HlDqPA&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment