Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Goodbye Milwaukee!

Hellooo from Milwaukee (for the last time)!
Yes, I'm sure you are all sooo disappointed this is my last blog! Or not. =) But despite whichever feelings you may have, this is my last post! Project officially ends Saturday and I will be making the long drive back to Ohio! This week has been pretty relaxed. Yesterday we spent the morning packing about 400 backpacks to give out for the upcoming school year, and we had the rest of the afternoon off. In the evening we had our last action group meeting. Erin, our study leader, was so sweet and cooked all afternoon and took us to eat by the Lake. We didn't have a typical study, instead, we had made letters of appreciation for one other person in our group and shared them with each other. It was a special way to end our last action group together. I love these girls and I will miss them when we leave. They have been such a blessing to me, and I have learned so much from each one. I thank God for the awesome unity He's provided this summer! It's been so awesome to experience such uplifting and encouraging community. I seriously cannot thank the Lord enough!

Today we had the day off. Many people from our team went sightseeing, and myself and two other girls spent the day frying at the beach! We couldn't have asked for better weather! 85 and not a cloud in the sky! Unfortunately now the three of us are limping around City on a Hill =) ahhh, what would my mother say? Actually, I think I can hear her now, saying something like "Erica, that is just stupid. That's what you get for not wearing sunscreen! (etc). Hmmm, will I ever learn? It's doubtful. ANYWHO! It was a wonderful day. Tomorrow we're spending the day cleaning City on a Hill and packing, and then Thursday we're off to the Wisconsin Dells for our retreat where we'll be meeting up with some of the staff who were here earlier on project. We're staying at the Kalahari which is a waterpark resort. It should be a good time; I'm really looking forward to it!

Overall, this summer has been absolutely wonderful, and the Lord has taught me so much! Months before coming to project, I had my heart set on an internship in Florida. I must admit that I was a little disappointed when I felt like God wanted me to come to Milwaukee instead. But I was able to come with confidence because I know the Lord works in my best interest, and I was excited knowing that He was going to use me to further His kingdom and glorify Him by serving. Coming to project really was the best decision, and I'm thankful that He brought me here! Through the last 8 weeks, I've experience a lot, and I've been able to grow so much in my relationship with the Lord. My biblical knowledge has grown as well as my desire and love for my Savior! I've been able to release the bondage to sin in areas of my life that I've struggled with for a long time, and more specifically He's freed me from dependence on anti-depressants! There aren't words to describe my thanksgiving and joy for the freedom He's allowed me to have! God really has changed my life and my heart this summer, and I'm so pumped to take everything back to campus and continue serving Him!

I want to thank those who have supported me whether by prayer or financially! I couldn't have made it here without you! I am so grateful.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

Always with love,
Erica

1 comment: